Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tonks goes home and I keep going

Last night Tonks went to his new home!  I was tired and it was cold and I admit I sighed a bit about driving across town but that immediately disappeared when I met Shannon and her husband.  We had been corresponding over email and I already knew that Tonks would have a great home but that was one hundred and fifty percent confirmed upon meeting them.  Just a few months ago he was on his way to being a feral cat, now after being rescued and fostered, he has a whole wonderful life to look forward to.  Many thanks to Shannon for adopting a black previously sick kitten sight unseen and for Genevieve for patiently fostering him even though it was stressing out her 20 year old kitty.  I came home feeling renewed.  My cat rounds have pretty much settled down now to the usual feral routine.

I hesitated about posting the next photo for fear I may look like a crazy cat lady but who am I kidding?  This is me getting food ready for the ferals.  I mix a couple of different kinds of dry together, I have to keep it behind closed doors or else my guys chew through the bags.  As it is, they have figured out what I'm doing and come down to "help".

The cats help me to get food ready for the ferals - don't try to count
I still feed Mystery occasionally although usually there's lots of food.  The other day I was alarmed to see this orange and white cat who I've never seen before and wonder if I will see again.  There were two calicos earlier in the year but I don't see them anymore.  Clearly there is a colony of cats somewhere nearby.
Mystery and her friend
Off to visit my ferals this afternoon, buy some food for our cats and fight with Canadian Tire.  I bought a whole bunch of food but they charged me for 63 cans of one kind instead of 6.  Wish I could get wholesale rates on Friskies!

I've been so grateful that the weather has been mild and dry, it made it so much easier to do all my cat care but today is chilly, I guess that was inevitable.  I'll be bundling up!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the weather is changing, Robin. Here, too. This is when I worry about them all. Deb

    ReplyDelete