Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, December 28, 2014

Ernie's brother!!

It will be two years ago in February that Ernie came into our lives.  Ian had forwarded me a craigslist posting about abandoned kittens.  Of course I contacted the woman and discovered a sad story. Someone had moved out of an apartment in Scarborough and just left the cats outside to fend for themselves in the middle of winter.  A kind neighbour saw them and took them in, two kittens (one with an injured or infected eye) and an orange and white adult with a large wound on its neck.  She didn't know what to do.  I contacted THS and they agreed to take the one with the wound and the one with the eye problem.  When I went to get the cats they were friendly but clearly in need of medical attention.

She was trying to decide whether to keep the other kitten (now Ernie), he was curled up asleep in her child's bed and they really liked him, but she just didn't have the money for another cat, so I said I would take him and find him a home.  I never worry about finding homes for friendly kittens.

Off I went to THS and then Ernie went to my vet where he was treated for severe ear mites and terrible fleas.  Within hours of him being at our place we fell madly in love with him and you know the ending.  I often regretted giving up his brother, after finding out how wonderful Ernie was.  I saw that he had his eye removed and got adopted.  The adult got fixed up and adopted too.

I was so excited on Christmas Day to see a FB post about a couple who adopted a one-eyed kitten two years from THS who just adopted another one.  It was Ernie's brother!!!  It made me ecstatic to learn he had gone to a wonderful home.  I emailed her pictures of Ernie and the story of their rescue. 
There is nothing better than finding out a cat you rescued has a wonderful home, it was the best Christmas present ever.

Ernie!
Ernie and his one-eyed adopted brother Blinky
Ernie's brother Rog (on right) and his new friend







No comments:

Post a Comment