Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, December 11, 2014

Getting them out before the storm

Yesterday was a frantic day.  It started with me being unable to go to work due to a cat following me.
I feed a little colony where I park my car, and there is a friendly black and white cat who lives behind a rooming house, and is kind of casually taken care of, but he's always starving and mostly outside.

Well this time he refused to eat and started to follow me down the street and it's busy, he went a whole block, so I had to turn around and lead him back.  Again he did the same thing, meowing frantically.  Finally I had to go into my friend's apartment through the back door and out the front.  It would be funny if he didn't seem so desperate.  I went back at lunch and he was still sitting by my car so that was it, I called Andrea, and I scooped him up and took him over.  He seemed happy to be inside.

Then it was off to the colony and I made a snap decision and scooped up Stubby and just placed him in a carrier.  I had been considering bringing him in to be socialized and I just couldn't stand it anymore.  I hate that they are all out, but if any can come in it's a win.

After that I also had to try to trap Bobsey over at John's who has a wound under his ear that just wasn't clearing up.  I had tried on Sunday but another cat knocked the trap shut.  This time it took less than five minutes and he was in.  Connie kindly did the transport to the vet for both.

Bobsey just has very bad ear mites but my Stubbs Stubbs has very bad teeth.  I just got off the phone with the vet, they had to extract all his uppers.  He is FIV+ but otherwise healthy.  My friends at Annex Cat Rescue very kindly have offered to front the bill for him, and trust me, that kind of extensive dental isn't cheap, so donations would be appreciated.  You can even get a tax receipt!  Just specify for Stubby's dental.  http://annexcatrescue.ca/donate/

I'm just glad I got them all before the storm.  I worry about all the homeless cats in this weather.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Robin.You do such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin,

    Unfortunately I am not in a position to help financially, however I do have a few bags of Fromm cat food that I was looking to donate, if you could use them? Let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete