Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, December 4, 2014

Project Stubby out of the cold

Stubby (not very imaginatively named) is a fluffy orange guy at the colony whose tail had to be amputated a few years ago.  He's kind of part of Hank's gang but the other cats pick on him so he lives behind a fence taking shelter in the structures of the recycling plant.  I did put a shelter back there but now I can't access it anymore.

This year Stubby has become friendlier and friendlier, we can all pat him and this summer I started to brush him and even pull mats out with my fingers.  I struggle with whether he can be homed and of course now that it's cold I worry more about him and if there's a big snow I don't know how I will get food to him.  I've been practicing lifting him off the ground in the hopes I could get him into a carrier but then what?  My house is full and I don't even have a decent sanctuary room for him.  I'm hoping by posting that someone will come forward who is willing to take a chance on our Stubby, somebody wonderful, because he is a crowd favourite and deserves to be loved and warm and safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment