Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A car full of cats

I headed west after work last night for a trapping session.  At first it looked like it was going to be a dismal night, no cats came running when we opened the garage.  I moved a trap into the yard and soon heard a snap.  We had caught the fluffy black kitten below.  No way he is Pixie and Button's sibling, he is twice their size, but turned out to be totally tame, so I popped him into a carrier and reset the trap.  About twenty minutes later, we caught an orange male, great, but not the calicos we had so desperately hoped to get. It seemed like that was going to be the night when the guy who lives in the House of Horrors came out and said "I've got some kittens inside, do you want them?"  Of course I said yes, and he handed me the dilute tortie and orange and white ones.  They appear to be about 9 weeks old, with goopy eyes.  God bless Connie, I called her and she said sure, bring them over.  I expected to find Pixie and Button's sibling, not all these others.
The kittens that were handed over - now safe at Connie's
And then the guy says what about the mother?  Thankfully he was willing to get her spayed, so he put her in a carrier and brought her out.
Another adorable kitten who settled right in and started playing
I loaded up the car with two adults and three kittens.  The adults went to Joanne's until tonight's clinic and the kittens to Connie's.  Her spare room is now a kitten nursery but it's too many for her to foster so I have to find somewhere for the older ones to go.

Tonight I have to transport cats to and from the clinic and still have to try to catch Tina.  Better do some carb loading.

No comments:

Post a Comment