Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, May 14, 2012

What goes up must come down

My Sunday started off well, it was beautiful outside and I had reports that kittens had been spotted at the west end colony so Steve and I headed out there.  When we first arrived I searched the shed, no sign of kittens so I put out some food and was about to leave.  I went back to check one last time and there were three tiny furry bodies at the plate of food.  I tiptoed in and grabbed one in each hand but the third one scurried away and didn't reappear.  I was thrilled to get these two, they are about four weeks old.  Poor things were terrified but Connie took them in and they will be fine in no time.

Buttons and Pixie

In fact, here is a video Connie took last night, and they were already settling in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYT4aRQXsOA&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully when I go to trap tomorrow night I can catch the remaining kitten.

We then headed down to our colony to try to trap Tina.  She has not shown up for meals a couple of times the last few days and when we've seen her she has appeared unwell and not that interested in eating.  I almost had her under the drop trap but lost her.  We are all very worried, Tina is a doll and we adore her.  I just can't stand the thought of something happening to Tina, especially after losing Jackson this winter.  We are heading down this evening to try to trap her again.  Fingers crossed!

1 comment: