Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, May 26, 2012

My tribute to Tina

Thursday night I was tired beyond tired and collapsed on the sofa.  The last two weeks with Tina had been heart wrenching and I was drained.  Then Maria from the west end colony called to say she saw more kittens in the shed so Friday morning I got up and went off to check out the situation.

I walked in and there they were, three little ones playing.  They scattered but I put out food and stayed motionless and slowly they returned.  I caught the little grey one and a few minutes later the orange one (who bit me).  The last grey one was too elusive and I left with these guys.

They have gone off to a foster home, two more lives saved from a life on the streets.  I still have to find the remaining one, and Pixie and Bear's sibling too.  That is nine kittens now rescued from this colony this year, five females spayed, can you imagine how huge the population would be if nothing had been done.  Still more elusive females to trap but we will persevere.

I'm sure Tina would be happy that these two will have a loving home.  It was so strange feeding yesterday without her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment