Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crazy for catnip

What else is there to do on a steamy long weekend but break open the catnip.  Yes, feral cats like catnip too, as you can see from this series of photos.
UB says open it now

Oh yeah

Come on Hank, try it, man

I'll just roll in it
Well, not surprisingly, word has gotten out about me, and friends of Maria called about cats in the neighbours backyard.  I went to check it out and found a litter of kittens, but sadly, they aren't tame, and are really too old to be socialized so will have to be TNRed.  Another month earlier and they could have had homes.
 Their location is dangerous as well, next to a busy street, and apparently many have been hit by cars.
I hate this part, but I'll do what I can to make sure there aren't more.

No comments:

Post a Comment