Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, July 16, 2012

The land of infinite kittens

Yesterday Sally seemed to have changed her mind about the kitten, perhaps she was showing it the ropes of how to get by at the Cherry Street colony.
For this kitten the life of a feral cat was not meant to be, we managed to trap her and off she went to join her siblings in foster care.
Last night the momma cat from Dundas and Bathurst was trapped, she is a beautiful solid grey.

Today I returned Minky to the colony after her dematting and extractions and what did I see, you guessed it, another kitten.  They just keep coming.  Back to the drawing board tomorrow with my kitten trap.  Tonight I'm off to the Portlands to try to trap the mom of the wild foursome and tomorrow night back to the west end.  Between the heat and the pace I'm keeping I'm on the verge, of what I'm not quite sure.  Last night I ate dinner at 10:30 p.m. when all my cat stuff was done.

Let's hope I can find the strength to get through this week.

1 comment: