Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, July 13, 2012

Four more off the streets!

I've been helping Jackie with a newish cat situation down at the Portlands.  She has been feeding two cats, one who we got spayed a few weeks ago, the other she discovered had a litter of kittens.

The kittens have been elusive and only started appearing regularly last week.  I, and others, guessed about 8 - 9 weeks old, that age can start to get a bit tough to socialize.  But god bless Jackie, she wouldn't give up on these kittens, and found foster homes so last night we set out to trap them.

At first it wasn't looking good, feral mom was keeping them away but we got one grey one then waited.  Mom and Sis wandered off in search of food elsewhere leaving the kittens behind and the remaining three decided the Fancy Feast and sardines under the drop trap was too good to resist.  Boom, three at once.

I am constantly amazed at the cat community and how many people out there care about cats and are willing to help.

Now to trap momma, I've got a full trapping plate for early next week, and still haven't figured out how I can possibly do it all, good thing I used to be a production coordinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment