Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, July 6, 2012

In and out

Today was my day off, well, my day off from being paid.  It was a full day of cat rescue on a sweltering day.

At 8:30 this morning Sandi and I met at the yard to trap poor matted Teddy.  Luck was with us and within five minutes of setting up the drop trap we caught Teddy.  Off he went to the vet.
Teddy says WTF
While I was there I picked up Morris, recovered from his neutering, and I returned him to the colony.  He flew out of the carrier, clearly happy to get as far away as possible from me.
Morris sees the light of day - let me out
Lynn and I spent the afternoon putting up flyers hoping to find her foster kittens homes.

Back in the hot car and off to Scarborough to get Teddy, freshly dematted, ears cleaned, an antibiotic shot and some de-fleaing and deworming.  He was happy to return to his home and immediately was looking for something to eat.  I was relieved that the vet didn't find anything else wrong with him.

I reversed my Minky decision and she had her dental extractions today.  I didn't want to put her back with sore teeth, mostly when we have done dental it has been successful and has improved their quality of life, I was just apprehensive after the Tina experience.

It's looking like I can't find anyone to socialize any of the older kittens and I may just have to TNR them, it's so heartbreaking, but there is a lot of kittens out there looking for homes.  It's amazing what a huge difference those few weeks make, at 5-6 weeks it's easy to tame them, 8 weeks a bit of work, after that a lot of work, and by four months not really doable.  Sometimes the harsh realities of cat rescue suck.

Today's count: $22 in colour copies, $40 in gas and a vet bill whose total you don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment