Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, July 19, 2012

The last kitten?

I hope that this is the last kitten from our colony.  This little one is number five that we have caught in the last ten days, surely there can't be any more from this litter.  He was so hungry that he went right in the trap.  Now they are all together.
All went well at the clinic last night, four females and one male, and one of the females was pregnant so great we got her and the others.  We'll see if the kittens tame up or if they will have to be returned.

For tonight I'm going to do some exercise, laundry and top it off with a cold beer and a good night's sleep.

Oh, I totally forgot, Maria called me this morning to say she had trapped one of the females, finally, after months of trying.  She's off to the vet - just three more females there to go.  Persistence pays off.


3 comments:

  1. If anyone deserves a cold beer, it is definitely you after all your hard work with these kitties. Good news about Maria getting one of the females.
    Enjoy your evening at home,even if it includes doing laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...look at that little terrified face. I hope all turns out ok for this one. I just want to reach in and hold it but I know it would bite my hand off...:-b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how fast the little ones tame up, the foster home they gone to has fostered 200 cats so they are in good hands. Thanks, I will enjoy a little one day break.

      Delete