Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Will it never end

We thought we had all the kittens from our colony but alas, not so.  Yesterday when we went back to Hank's before leaving, what did we see, a very hungry and dirty little kitten.  Of course I didn't have a trap with me, sigh.  I hope the kitten is there today and can join his or her siblings, one of whom is already purring in its fantastic foster home.  Meredith and Anna said they have fostered 200 cats, how amazing.
 Hank didn't seem bothered by the kitten.
 At first I thought how nice, Sally's maternal side is coming out.
 But no, Sally decided the little one was a competition for food.  Poor little kitten.
 Then there are the raccoons to contend with...
I also took Jackie's kittens to the vet.  Oh boy, were they a handful.  The vet tech was having trouble handling them, even with gloves and a towel.   They are 8 - 10 weeks old, those few weeks make a huge difference.  All four are female, that would have been a lot more cats had they not been caught.  The foster mom has her work cut out for  her with these guys.   
I have a full slate of trapping the next few days, six potential candidates, we will see how many make the cut.

1 comment:

  1. Well,Sally sure packs a punch. Poor wee kitten. Hope that you catch this little one.

    ReplyDelete