Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sometimes you get the cat, sometime the cat gets you

Things were going kind of well a couple of days ago.  Thursday night we caught the other Portlands female, Friday morning trapped Lionel from the colony.  I took Lionel in for a skin condition, of course he needed five teeth extracted.  I hope he will be fine.

Now Madge, the Portlands female, was all set to go to the clinic this morning, but Joanne called to tell me that Madge had escaped her kennel and bit her husband in the struggle to catch her.  Oh boy.  Now we have a very feral cat loose in a small room.  Nothing to do but try to re-trap her.  This is a new one to deal with.  Hope it has a happy ending very soon.

It hasn't been the best day for ferals.  My friend Lesley took three cats in and they all were so sick they had to be euthanized.

After all that Sturm und Drang I wanted to share a happy photo with you.  Meredith and Anna took this absolutely adorable shot of the Cherry Street kittens.  What a difference a few weeks makes.

Oh, I almost forgot.  On Saturday we had to save MC from an ugly pit bull-ish dog.  It was with some guy working on a boat and next thing we knew this dog is over at Hank's chasing the cats, poor MC took off and he chased her.  I took off after them both, yelling at the dog and his owner.  All that perimenopausal rage finally got a chance to be useful.  It made me realize how much I love all these cats and how protective I feel towards them.

2 comments: